Support for all @ripnet.com e-mails will be coming to an end on December 31st, 2018.
*** Please do not contact technical support.
Our technical support staff will be reaching out to ripnet.com email account holders soon to assist with migrating to new e-mail addresses.
Please continue reading for more information. ***
Xplornet purchased RipNET January 1, 2011. That purchase gave Xplornet exclusive ownership of the ripnet.com domain and all @ripnet.com email accounts. My High Speed Networks purchased the former RipNET DSL internet clients from Xplornet on August 1, 2013, but did not acquire the ripnet.com domain nor did they receive any rights to the @ripnet.com e-mails when the purchase was completed. For years, My High Speed Networks (MHSN moving forward) has been trying to move clients from @ripnet.com addresses to supported e-mail domains (which now include @truespeed.ca along with @myhighspeed.ca) so that they could both assist with problems when they arise and ensure your email can be yours for years to come.
When Truespeed purchased MHSN in 2017, we couldn't acquire something MHSN never owned. Many @ripnet.com email holders have made the move to a permanent email address. Unfortunately, a few people decided to hang on to RipNET e-mail addresses but we now find ourselves in a position where Xplornet will be ending email support at the end of this year.
While maintaining your @ripnet.com e-mail past December 31st of 2018 is simply not an option, the situation does not have to be entirely doom and gloom. Truespeed’s support staff are deeply experienced with migrating RipNET e-mails and we have no cost options that will help to efficiently move you over to your new e-mail.
We are currently transferring over remaining @ripnet.com e-mail holders to their choice of a @truespeed.ca or @myhighspeed.ca addresses at no charge. Both domains are owned by us which means that you will never face an issue with losing your e-mail address again. We can also transfer business e-mails to a business-related domain that we can host if requested. For businesspeople who would like to move to a personalized address such as yourbusinessname.com, there is no better time than now to make the switch.
Our dedicated support team will do their best to ensure your migration is seamless. After setting up your new e-mail address, we put a forwarder in place from the old one so that you never miss an e-mail. With our solution, the person who sends an e-mail to the @ripnet.com e-mail also receives an automated reply explaining the change of address while providing a suggestion to update their records to your new address. This setup would then be in place until Xplornet ultimately pulls the plug.
We deeply understand the value you place on your e-mail address and the natural resistance to changing it but humbly suggest that we need to approach this situation logically and quickly. Don’t risk losing touch with some of your contacts or worse still them losing touch with you.
To be clear, after December 31st, 2018, your RipNET e-mail support will come to an end. We are offering a no charge transition to Truespeed or My High Speed addresses.
Frequently Asked Questions
- When will I be contacted by technical support to get a new e-mail address?
- Our goal is to contact everyone by mid-August 2018.
- How long will the forwarder and auto-responder on my ripnet.com email account be in place?
- Until December 31, 2018.
- I use my ripnet.com email account for my business. What do I do now?
- If you already have a website for your business we would urge you to create email an email address associated with the domain you already own. Please contact your website hosting support to find out how to add email accounts.
- If you don't already own a domain name associated with your business we can help you obtain a domain name and create email accounts. The cost is only $10 per month and that includes up to 10 email accounts plus the yearly domain registration.
- When will Xplornet discontinue support for my ripnet.com email address?
- Xplornet has communicated to us that they will be supporting the emails until December 31st, 2018.
- Can I contact Xplornet directly about my ripnet.com email account?
- No. Xplornet will not assist you because you are not their direct customer, however, you remain free to contact Truespeed with any questions you may have.
- Will I have to pay more for a truespeed.ca or myhighspeed.ca email acocunt?
- No. In fact, some customers may be able to save money every month by migrating their email account. Support staff will be able to let you know once you have been contacted about migrating.
- What if I don't use my ripnet.com e-mail address and don't want a new e-mail address?
- Please send an email message to email@example.com from your ripnet.com email address and we will delete the account for you.
- Is it possible to copy contacts from my ripnet.com email account to a truespeed.ca or myhighspeed.ca email account?
- Yes. Technical Support can assist with transferring contacts from ripnet.com to truespeed.ca and myhighspeed.ca email accounts, but not third-party email accounts like Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc. It is possible to export contacts from ripnet.com webmail and then import them into third-party email accounts, but we are not able to provide support for third-party email accounts.
- I already have another email account. Can I setup the forwarding and auto-responder myself?
- Absolutely! All you have to do is login to your ripnet.com email account in webmail (http://smtp.ripnet.com) and then click Settings on the top menu. You will see Forwarding and Autoresponder listed on the left-hand menu.